Contributions for oral and/or poster presentations are invited. Abstracts of a maximum of 300 words (one page of A4) should be submitted online by 23 March 2018.
Click here to submit an abstract
Guidelines for abstract file preparation
- Length: 1 A4 page including text and references
- Plain text only: 300 words
- Page layout: A4 paper (N.B. not US Letter), 25mm margins, no page numbers or running heading/footers
- Font: 11pt Arial
- Title: include the full title in the submission file, do not use all caps
- Authors and affiliations: include full names of all co-authors and corresponding affiliations, with presenting author underlined
- Abstract text: single line spaced
- Abstract figures/references: include an informative caption for any figure, scheme, or illustration in your abstract. Note that abstracts may be reproduced in black and white, so check any colour figures to be sure they remain intelligible in greyscale.
Information for submitting your abstract
If you have previously submitted an abstract or registered to attend an IOP Conference, please log in. For new users you will need to create an account. If you have forgotten your password, you can request details from the login page. Please note your submission will not be completed until you reach the "submission confirmation" page.
- Select a topic
- Enter your abstract title
- Indicate whether the work is predominantly student work
- Enter co-author(s) details if applicable (fields marked with * are mandatory)
- Select the presenting author
- Select the corresponding author
- Enter your abstract in plain text - maximum 300 words
- Review your submission and select submit
The submitting author will receive an email confirming the submission. If you do not receive an email, your abstract may not have been received and you are advised to contact the conferences team by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone to +44 (0)20 7470 4800.
Authors can amend their submission online up until the abstract submission deadline.
If you are unable to submit your abstract online, please contact the conferences team by email to email@example.com or telephone to +44 (0)20 7470 4800. Please ensure that you quote the name of the event when contacting us.
- Active and adaptive optics
- Advances in imaging and displays
- Advances in lasers
- Advances in THz technology
- Computational photonics
- Control and shaping of light beams
- Fibres and propagation physics
- Metamaterials and plasmonics
- Near field optical techniques
- Nonlinear photonics
- Optical metrology and tomography
- Optical environmental sensing
- Photonic integrated circuits
- Photonic systems and optical communication
- Quantum coherent control
- Quantum communication
- Quantum dots, nanocrystals, and low dimensional materials
- Quantum information
- Quantum optics
- Quantum metrology
- Structured optical materials and biomimetics
- Strong light-matter interactions and laser processing
- Trapping and manipulation
- Ultrafast and attosecond optics
- Waveguide and fibre optic devices and sensors